25 Pin serial Help

CrashBeta

We have moved out an old PLC5 rack and moved the Control to a SLC 5/04 Chassis we are going across dh+ network and serial DF1 I think, we are trying to interface to an older ISHIDA CHECK WEIGHER
The check weigher has a unmarked HIC white box with a 25pin RS232 Cable Connected to it is there a cable I need to construct or use from AB or other sources that will allow me to Implement
This 25 pin Serial Device , I have included the diagram of what we are trying to accomplish any help would be great

ICWJPG.jpg

Welcome to the Forum ! You've selected an interesting challenge.

There's a small chance somebody on the Forum will recognize the HIC module and checkweigher and be able to tell you how it works. My guess is that it's some sort of DF1 protocol to ASCII converter.

The 1785-KE 15-pin port in an RS-232 port, so you should be able to disassemble or use a meter to figure out how it was wired to the HIC module, and duplicate those pin assignments on the AIC+ module or on the SLC-5/04 controller serial port itself.

1785-6.5.2 is the User Manual for the 1785-KE module.

As for "how it works", I think you'll have to reverse-engineer it by capturing the serial data between the KE module and the HIC module on the existing system.

The best value in serial intercept devices is the Stratus Engineering EZ-Tap. It's really excellent.

There are a few guys on the Forum who are conversant enough in DF1 protocol to help you decode it if you can capture it.