How to create Factory Talk SE .CLI file

minaykha

Hello Everybody,

Can anyone guide me please, how to convert Factory Talk SE( Local ) .apa file to .cli file.

I alread have the application file but i got no idea how to run it.

Thank.

You don't.
If you are running FTView SE with a Local SE application, just run the client program, and configure your client. It will create a file to run a local SE client.

Dear rdrast, Thank a lot.

I found following procedure and the job is done.

Open "Factory Talk View SE Client" from the Rockwell Folder.
1. Once it opens it will have a button that says "New"
2. On the next screen give your client a name. This name doesn't need to be anything specific, just a name. You will also see the default project folder so take note so you can make a shortcut to place in the startup folder.
3. Click next and it should ask if it is a local or network application, check "local" and click next.
4. From there you should see a drop down that you can select your application. Select your app and click next.
5. Select the initial start up screen and any other files needed to run your app like startup macros.

Hello Everybody,
Can anyone help me how to prepare Factory Talk SE(Local) application archive *.apa created on PC1 with "SE Enterprise licences" for transfer to PC2 with only "SE Client (local)" licences ?

Application Manager (backup, restore utility) does not in FTSE Client instalation ...

THX

contents of .apa file

Hello, I am new to FT view as well. I have a backup of the .apa file, but our documentation says we also need to backup the .cli file as well. Is this .cli file contained in the .apa file? e.g. if I restore from the .apa file, do I also get the .cli file back.

Thanks