help with Indirect/ Indexed

PLC Pie Guy

Hello all.
Just wondering if anybody can help me understand this instruction.

MOV
source= #N11:10
dest= #N14:[n7:7]
length= 20

I understand that the instruction moves 20 words starting at N11:10 to N14:[this is the part I don't see.] Also the # is kind of throwing me off.

Thanks

In RSLogix 500, MOV can also have ONE indexed or indirect address, either the Source or the Destination, but both cannot be indexed or indirect at the same time (unlike COP).

For your COP Destination, you have an example of using Indexed Indirect addressing, a complex acheme. Because of the Indirect function, the copied numbers may appear anywhere in the 256 words of file N14 (depending on what values are inserted into word address N7:7. N7:7 could stay the same for each Copy (meaning that only the last COP from N11:30 would have any effect), or N7:7 could change systematically (for example increase by 2) so that every other word in N14 is skipped, or it could change based on some other variable, so that the copied values appear scattered throughout file N14.

Last edited: