Siemens S7 Faults

Canalta

Hi,
I am a rig electrician working on an automated drilling rig. We are having issues with communication to one of our plcs. There is a computer next to the main PLC that can access the program. I am not familiar with it but was able to navigate and find a tab for the plc in question called "dp slave diagnostics"

There were several faults:
-DP slave not ready yet for data exchange
-Different configuration data
-Slave-specific diagnostic data
-Parameters must be assigned to the DP slave again
-Slot 10 faulty

When the plc in question is powered up there is comm for a few minutes but then it is lost. I checked out card 10 and it is damaged from moisture but a spare is a few weeks out.

Is this faulty card the only issue?

Thanks!!!!

It is difficult to say if this #10 is only faulty at the bus. But I would start by replacing suspicious part. If new part is not available, I would try to find exactly similar slave from bus, and switch them with addresses, and see if faults are moving to another address, which was working before.

Also you can find some diagnostic from Simatic Manager-> project tree -> Select Your CPU -> CTRL-D -> Diagnostic buffer.
There You can see which slaves are not communicating.

Also, if You know actual amount of slaves at bus, and Your PC is connected to same bus (profibus?), You can read detected slaves from Simatic Manager main window: -> Options -> Set PG/PC Interface -> Diagnostics -> Read.

If there is one faulty card due to moisture, I would be suspicious of the entire rack.
If there is a problem with the backplane, it will look as if the rack isnt available or as if there are many faulty slots.

I would use the Hardware Diagnostics as the best way to locate the problems.
The Diagnostics buffer shows you the problems as the CPU 'sees' it, which may not be so helpful for pinpointing a DP hardware problem.

The information in the Hardware Diagnostics may require a bit of inwards thinking as the fault descriptions can be confusing.
The LEDs on the IM151-1 can also show some diagnostics by the sequence of flashing.