where to find s7 300 step 7 and simulator downloads

nuwan

Can anyone help me to select a step 7 version and a matching simulator for s7-300 PLC? Is there a place where i can download them for free?

Step 7 Lite is free, but I've never heard of a free version of PLCSIM, the simulation software for S7.

Step 7 Lite can be downloaded here on the Siemens site. Don't forget to register for free.

As for the simulation, depending on the use you'll make of it, your local Siemens rep might help you out (although I doubt it). Just ask, "no" you have "yes" you might get.

Kind regards,

Step 7 Lite is free, but I've never heard of a free version of PLCSIM, the simulation software for S7.

Step 7 Lite can be downloaded here on the Siemens site. Don't forget to register for free.

As for the simulation, depending on the use you'll make of it, your local Siemens rep might help you out (although I doubt it). Just ask, "no" you have "yes" you might get.

Kind regards,

Thanks everybody, I appreciate all your replies.:site:

One of my friends gave me a copy of SIMATIC Manager and keys. Purchasing the software after spending on hardware makes Siemens and other big brands unpopular in my part of the world.

One of my friends gave me a copy of SIMATIC Manager and keys. Purchasing the software after spending on hardware makes Siemens and other big brands unpopular in my part of the world.

So that means that all the software you create using Step7 you give away for free just for the fun of it because in your part of the world you don't pay each other for software work. How can you afford to eat or is food also given away for free?

Depends on what you do. If you only use a PLC for a few projects a year then yes I would agree.

If your whole business model, employing an army of people, is to supply PLCs, control gear and projects to whoever wants to pay you, then relying on the freebie operators is probably not the best choice.

So that means that all the software you create using Step7 you give away for free just for the fun of it because in your part of the world you don't pay each other for software work. How can you afford to eat or is food also given away for free?

Depends on what you do. If you only use a PLC for a few projects a year then yes I would agree.

If your whole business model, employing an army of people, is to supply PLCs, control gear and projects to whoever wants to pay you, then relying on the freebie operators is probably not the best choice.

I'm not using it for business. Its for my own use. I got to know in China lot of western PLC vendors have a hard time selling their products and that's why most of the PLC juggernauts go cheap in the asian market.