Data Block in Siemens

Riche Robledo

Good day....:whistle:

How I store the value of timer and counter to Data Block (shared)? And it is possible also to instance Data Block? It is for Data View or declaration view? Pls. tell me step by step so that I clearly understand and to remove my problem..

Hoping for those having knowledge will give me an answer....

Thanking you...
RR

define them as global (single instance i think)
insert iec timer, then if you are in function block you'll have to option, one is to define timer as part of FB interface (multi instance) and other as global (single instance). choose global.
anywhere else it will automatically be global.
you'll find timer DB under system resources. you'll be able to access it from everywhere.

of course since you have not mention enviroment i assumed you use TIA...

Why do you want to store the vaue in a DB?

I want to store it so that can easy change the value of parameter through SCADA....
Is there any idea you have why we are storing the value of timer/counter in a DB?

Thank you sir for your support bec I really love it sequence control...
RR

s7 timer are global timer, don't use data block, use s5time count max to 2 hours due to their bcd format and count from preset to zero.

iec timers count up to 48 days i think, can be global or local, use time format, and are in double word time (ET is in miliseconds)

personally i prefer iec over s7