Mov instrutions

showshocka

OK, Mov instructions Logix 5000. My apologizes if this sounds confusing . Lets say that a system uses a PV touch screen that can load 10 different commands for 10 different functions as the operator selects them. I'm looking at a mov instruction in the 5000 thats associated with the PV function that loading a source value into the mov instruction and they are changing between 1 and 10 depending on what is selected from the touch screen at the PV. With this mov instruction being the only instruction on a rung, what's loading the numbers into that mov instruction's source? I'm guessing that generally the PV is doing it. But How? And I would also guess to say that the engineers would have a data Base of what numbers, 1 thru 10 that coincides with what step out of the 10 that a source number would mean for a particular function in the mov instruction for it to move in the logic, 1 thru 10, via the PV's touch screen selection.

My guess is that the selections on the HMI are Interlocked Pushbuttons. Interlocked Pushbuttons use the same PLC tag address, but they have a "Button Value" property for each button. So when button "A" is pressed, the value for button A is written to the PLC. I believe when you open up each button, the "Value" is on the first tab that opens.

So all 10 of your buttons have the same PLC address, but unique button values for each button.

With this mov instruction being the only instruction on a rung, what's loading the numbers into that mov instruction's source?
If the MOV insruction Source has a "#" in front such as "#N7:0"), then it is an Indexed Address and will step through the a range of addresses as the S:24 value changes. Also, MOV can use an Indirect Address in the Source, such as "N7:[N7:0]", then its actual address depends on the value of N7:0 (which will be set elsewhere in the program.