5/03 comm ?

Terry Boblitt

I'm trying to go on line with a 5/03. Right mow ch 1 is connected to a 1747-AIC & it's connected to a 1761-NET-AIC. When I plug into ch. 0 and try to see the processor in RSLinx it's not there there. Also I've tried to communicate to ch. 1 using a PCMK card. What am I doing wrong ??
Thanks Terry
;)

The serial port on your SLC5/03 ( Channel 0) defaults at DF1 Full duplex
protocol. Are you using the RS232 DF1 devices driver in RSLinx? Also are you using a null-modem cable? Channel 0 can be configured for DH485, if you have the offline file check to see how the port is configured.

Tell us how you have your PCMK card configured baud rates must match and node addresses must be different then the SLC. What cable are you using?

Have you tried to setup RSLinx's RS232 DF1 Devices driver manually to match the controllers configuration.

Note the baud rate, error detection

portsetup.png

I think RSLinx will just tell you it can't communicate but not a reason why.

Try to set RSLinx up manually.