Selecting Pressure Sensor

Nelliyan

Hi all,.

I was assigned to calculate the pressure inside a tank which was filled by water,Once filled i have to calculate the pressure for any leak in tank... The psi range for the Ok product will be 25 to 30 psi..If less fail..

Now i need some guidance in how the pressure control will be mounted , how it will operate & feed back for plc will be 0-10v i will get psi value by scaling.

i can develop the programming part,,, no idea about the mechanical area ,operation,mounting type & how to do connections..Have to choose a AB product...

Thanks & Regards,
Nelliyan.G

for a start just put it all together with a valve and water from the tap.
now the dropratio should be less then ???
so measure the pressure and 1 minute later again now calc the drop.

It is not clear to me whether
- you want to control the level of the water by using head pressure measurement
- you want to control a blanketing atmosphere above the liquid
- the tank is open to the atmosphere or is a pressure vessel that is closed

Pressure control is done with an actuated valve, or maybe with a regulator, depending on what you're trying to do, which is not clear.

@danw

There will be a tank,,2 valve will be there,,first water will be filled by water till a overflow point.. once reached then that water valve will be closed ...then the pressure valve will be opened at 27 psi rate& then the leak will be checked for 15 minutes,,if any drop that tank is fail..

My prob is how to select a product for that,,,

Just use a standard valve with 27 PSI supplied to it and mount a pressure transducer in the tank to monitor pressure decay.