Diagnostic Repeater Vs. RS 485 Repeater

hagos

Dear Folks,

In my plant (a water treatment plant) I have diagnostic repeater , part number 6ES7 972-0AB01 , the repeater got defective due to high moisture, we don't have a typical spare one, instead we have the RS 485 Repeater , part number 6ES7 972-0AA01, can we use it instead of the defective one?

I appreciate your help very much.

Regards
Hagos

If the repeater is used for segmenting the profibus network, then you can use the spare repeater.
But the diagnostics functions will not be available (obviously).

Similar Topics

Merry Christmas Guys. Are you still working? Hey, I found something strange here: I create a new project with S7-300, profibus connected 1 ET200M...
Replies
Views
I am intending to use a diagnostic repeater for a new project. There are over 32 nodes, so I have to use a repeater whatever. But because it is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, is there a way to change the time and date in the plc so they appear right in the diagnostic buffer. Also am I right in thinking the error is...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, I hope everyone here is good! Does anyone have any recommendations for network diagnostics software? I have an AB Network, 4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to understand a couple of things with a feedback signals that are used in a SRP/CS that I'm working with. Quick disclaimer: I'm...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom