New To Plc's

QKPHKR3

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW SINCE I AM NEW TO WORKING WITH PLC'S AND BY NEW I MEAN I SAW THEM AND THEY INTERESTED ME. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO TO GET STARTED AND WHAT RECOMENDATIONS ANYBODY MIGHT HAVE THAT COULD HELP ME OUT AS FAR AS TRAINING. FREE IF AT ALL POSIBLE. I HAVE SOME MECHANICAL BACKGROUND (AIRCRAFT MECH IN THE MARINES) ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRICIATED

Teufelhundern
My advice would be to click on "LEARN PLCS" at the top of this page. I would also purchase a small PLC and software. Automationdirect.com has the DO-05 PLC for $99 and I believe the basic programming software for the same price. I think the part # for it is pc-pgm-brick. Also I believe that Allen-Bradley has a starter kit for a decent price. I have taken several classes in PLCs but have by far learned more on my own sitting in the basement programming away. Also an understanding of electrical controls in general is pretty much essential.

Semper Fidelis
Dale

I agree with Dale get small PLC AB ML-1000 cost $100 with programming
software you also need cabel which cost about $30.
Prepare lot of time,patience and curiosity.It would worth.
Before you spend your money check for the best starter kit deal.
Dont spend time and money for unknown PLC.Even they will give you cheaper price.
Support worth more then some $$$.

All the best, we are here for help

I'll join the crowd and go along with the others. However I vote for the DL05.(AD as usual for me) This is a great little PLC with a powerfull command set. If you get the model with the DC inputs you can connect an encoder to it and play with that also. Later on you can buy option modules for analog inputs, clock, etc.. You will need the PLC, software, and a programming cable. by the time your ready to go you'll spend about $250.00. It's actually pretty cheap. Theres no better teacher than expierence. Check out the link.

http://web5.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/PLC_Hardware/DirectLogic_05/PLC_Units/D0-05DA

Have Fun! Mike.

learn plc

:D hey hellobuddy
its really good to hear that mechanical engnieers are interested in learning PLC wel u can learn :cool: lot of PLC stuffs form this site meanwhile u can let me know ur Email id i can forward u a cd rom copy in which u might find all u wana know about PLC
ok Buddy Dont b hesitate

M Faisal Qureshi
Email [email protected]
Pakistan