RSLWorx for Devicenet Questions

robkaos

Hello, sorry if I don't phrase the following correctly; rather new to this.

1. I've got 10 Allen Bradley 1747-SDN Device Modules that will be used for Elevators.

2. I actually only need the software - RSWorx Devicenet; if I purchase the software, can I install the software to be used on all of the devices or do I need licensing for all 10?

Again, very new at this, so any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum!
Any Rockwell Automation software purchased license is "activated" with regard to the PC the software will be installed onto.
One or one thousand 1747-SDNs will require one RSNetWorx for DeviceNet license if only one PC will be used to connect to the scanner attached networks.

So if I wanted to use the software on more than one computer, I'd have to purchase it again then? Damn. Thanks

So if I wanted to use the software on more than one computer, I'd have to purchase it again then? Damn. Thanks

You can use the software on only ONE computer at a TIME. You could have the software installed on multiple computers and use an activation dongle to activate the software on a particular computer.

You could purchase a "dongle" type activation which will locate the .lic file on USB media; you could install the software on as many machines as you wish, however, you will be able to use only the one which has attached the "dongle" USB device containing the license file.