Laser sensors

Mark Buskell

I am looking for suggestions on a 4-20 ma laser sensor with a very small focal point (1/2 inch) that has a range up to 100 feet. The laser needs to look down a long tunnel and give me a reading when a package falls down. The package can fall down to a conveyor from 60 different positions. I am currently looking at Banner, IFM, Keyence and will have Sick coming in soon. So far the best I have found is IFM with a maximum distance of 10 meters.

looks like you have the range covered
maybe Balluff
usually Sick, Keyence or IFM would be my thoughts

Keyence has them, used them on my last job, don't remember number, bit I was able to count transparent plastic plates edge on with 1/32" rectangular window to look at.

Thanks dmargineau, I have contacted them and they look promising so far.
Thanks for the suggestion iant. I contacted Baluff and they did not have any long range lasers that I could use.