PV+ Indication if ther is any alarms

pauly

Does any body know if there is a system tag within a PV+ which changes state if there are any alarms? I just want an indicator to pop up (like the Siemens panels) if there is an alrm present. I have tried modifying the alarm banner (I don't have room on the pages for a full one)but it doesn't want to appear.

Hi,

I don't think there is. I normally just have a small graphic of (say) an alarm bell that I animate with visibility (e.g. Disappears if no alarms, flashes if new alarms and static visible with acknowledged but present alarms).

Hope this helps.

Rob

Under the Alarm Message Tab. In the Setup Folder. Scroll over to the right and make sure the display box for each Message you want to appear is checked. This will open the [Alarm] screen. Also make sure you check Alarms on the property page where you assign the intial graphic.

edit: I'm assuming your using Factory Talk Studio. I've never setup PV+ I guess they use FT Studio.

Last edited: