TI/Siemens 305 timing cycle

odns

I have to reprogram several [TI] 305 PLCs. With a keypad programmer, no less (no computer interface available). And they seem pretty simplistic, and low on features. They're a new experience for me.

What needs to happen:

Input 1 switch closes
Output 10 relay closes for 30 sec
Output 10 relay opens for 120 sec
and the output keeps repeating this as long as In 1 is closed.
In 1 opens, the cycle stops, and resets. Next In 1 closure starts the cycle fresh again.

I can almost get it, but not quite. I've tried two timers toggling one another, but I'm missing something-since the cycle ends up not working correctly, or there's a logic error, and it doesn't work at all. Tried a counter too, but 'resetting' isn't happening properly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I really didn't expect this to be a problem.

thank you.

Ah, the good old handheld programmer. That's what I learned to program with!

I think the logic is as simple as what I have attached below. Someone should check it to make sure.

odns ladder.jpg odns boolean.JPG

thank you for the reply. Your solution set the output to on with the input open, but cycled properly with the input closed. Simple fix, added the input to the last rung.

I see the error of my ways. I was routing the timers improperly. Modified ladder (functioning) attached.

thanks again. (It's rough when I get caught by the simple ones).

CycleTimer.jpg