Two S7-200's and a TP170B

I think you can use an EM277 interface module. It will add a Profibus DP slave port or an MPI slave port. The TP170 can then be Profibus DP master or MPI master.
It must be at least a TP170B. TP170A only supports one CPU connection.

NB: How about using a small S7-300 with an onboard MPI port ?

Just to be sure that you are aware of the following:

The onboard MPI ports on S7-300 are unisolated. That means that a segment that has one or more S7-300 MPI ports is limited to 50 meters.
To go beyond 50 meters, repeaters must be used.

paraffin power, you can. Although the S7-200 interface is called PPI or Point-to-Point-Interface, it can be used as a multipoint interface. After all, it's a RS485 based interface. However, due to the low speed of this interface (limited to 9600 or 19200 baud depending on the used CPU's) it is recommended to limit the number of nodes. Personally I don't see a problem with the configuration you mentioned, but I've never done it before, so I can't be sure. I have on several occasions been programming 2 7-200 CPU's over one and the same cable, so I would give it a go. Can you inform the forum back with your experiences please?

Kind regards

Dont think you can use PPI and several CPU connections at the same time.

When PPI and S7-200 is selected in Protool, it will not allow you to have more than one CPU connection per panel.
Maybe a later version of Protool will allow it.

happy birth day to uuuuuuuuuu

;) :cool: :D :) :cool: :p :( :rolleyes:
Happy birthday to u cHRISTINI RHOD
ITS UR FRIEND FROM TECHNICAL ASPECT
HAVE VERY NICE HAPPAY MOMENT AND MANAY MAMNY RETRUN S OF THE DAY
C U TILL THEN BYE AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF UR SELF AND AS WEL AS UR FRIENDS]

MUHAMMAD FAISAL QURESHI

Email; [email protected]
Pakistan