RTD > 4-20mA connection to AD041

davidelh

hi guys.

im new to analog system. ive been doing a temperature reading from a sugar tank.

I have made connection frm the RTD to a 4-20mA converter. But the question now is how im going to connect the 4-20mA (+) and (-) wire to the OMRON AD041 extension unit?

The (-) should connect to COM and (+) should connect to IN1 right? Any thing else that i missed?

I saw some application that connect 24V to the IN1. This is confusing

Generally the wiring is power supply plus to transmitter plus, transmitter - to I/O card +, I/O - to power supply -.

This is, I know, a silly question, but have you looked at the Omron manual?

Depends.

Depends on whether the transmitter is 2 wire or 3 wire.

Depends on whether the AI can power the loop (most don't, most require separate power supply connection).

Like Tom says, what's the manual tell you?

set the voltage/current switch to current.
connect the a2 to gnd
connect the output or - from sensor to A1
connect the input or + to 24 volt.