plc 5 , possible to disable the rem,run/prog front switch ?

baja

Hello all , i just bought a plc 5 ,and changing the key lock switch does not put the processor in either run or program mode. I can only do this using RSLogix 5, and the status reported on RSLogix 5 is either Remote Program or Remote Run.
did they have switch setting who can lock the front key switch ?
hope my question made sense sense , if not feel free to ask
regards
many thanks in advance

It's definitely damaged. There's no way to disable the keyswitch in software or any jumper or switch.

I believe that the external triggers will just be digital inputs. You program it for the different zone numbers, then you select which zone number to use via digital inputs or over comms. I have used the Sick laser scanners before, but I got the raw data out of it and "defined" my own zones in software. It wasn't a safety application, though

The keyswitch is open in the centre position and one pair of contacts closes in the run position and the other closes in the program mode.

To prove the switch is OK disconnect it and test to see if the contacts measure as above.

Alan.

Last edited: