PanelView 'security'

Hi
On a Keypad panelview, when you have the prompt to enter a password, if you press the enter key without entering anything, it lets you through.
Doesn't happen on a touchscreen model.
Any thoughts?

pp

Last edited:
thoughts...

I did a quick check with a touch only Panelview that has security enabled and found that if you have a "blank" password it will allow you access if you press the enter key. Once I put a character back as the password, access was denied.

Is it possible you have an "operator" specified with no password?

In Panelbuiler it does mention 0 - 12 characters as the limitation on the password.

Just a thought :unsure: Like you said, it may be different with keypad only vs. touch.

loosewire :eek:

pp

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago where a Panelview 600 would allow you through with no password and would block you if you entered any number including the correct password.
For some reason I had to change the Panelview for another P/V600 and everything worked OK.
The only difference was the original was a version 4.00 and the second was a version 4.20.
(Possibly we buy our stuff from the same guys)

Hope this helps
Peter