PLC Opportunity in Oil and Gas

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
This was sent to me by Jack L Johnson, one of the other hydraulic gurus. Helmerich and Payne is one of our customers. Read below and you will see there is a need for a PLC and motion control person. The Oil and Gas industry in putting a lot of emphasis on controls now.

Colleagues and Friends:

Attached , below, is some correspondence I have had with a client of a few years back regarding his need for an engineer. The correspondence I think is self-explanatory.

Helmerich and Payne Drilling is a Tulsa-based company that supplies equipment for the oil drilling industry. If you know of someone who would be interested, please contact DeWayne Speer directly. [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas in March!

Jack L Johnson
Electrohdraulic Engineer
IDAS Engineering Inc

----- Original Message -----

To: Jack L Johnson

Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 11:38 AM

Subject: RE: Odd Request

Jack,

I am not so concerned with the engineering discipline (electrical, mechanical or even a really sharp computer science type); I am interested in their previous experience with programming PLC's and any previous work and experience with adaptive controllers. We are quite flexible with salary/rate at this point. The position can be either full-time employment or a contract basis.

I appreciate your help.

Jack L Johnson
Electrohdraulic Engineer
IDAS Engineering Inc

Ouch, how long has his signature being like that? Sorry for the disrespect. Some people (like me) like to be told when they have a little cream on the tip of their nose rather than it staying there for an hour during a meeting.

Don't suppose he would take a sparky too lol!

Last edited:
Ouch, how long has his signature being like that? Sorry for the disrespect. Some people (like me) like to be told when they have a little cream on the tip of their nose rather than it staying there for an hour during a meeting.

Don't suppose he would take a sparky too lol!
I don't see a problem.

Here is a Helmerich and Payne rig
http://youtu.be/MavL8--oI58
They are pulling pipe out of the ground to change a drill bit. We have other customers that have got this process completely automated.
http://youtu.be/P69LDLHAN9g

For "Electrohdraulic Engineer", he probably meant that be an Electro-hydraulic Engineer