Recipe call from HMI

pauly

Does any one know if it is possible to download a recipe, which is held on an RS veiw 32 scada system, via an AB panelview plus HMI to the relevant plc?
Regards
Pauly

RSView32 is a PC application that will not run on the Panelview Plus.

The PV+ uses RSView ME, which, to the best of my knowledge does not support a "canned" recipe system (at least not on a PV+).
You would have to build your own recpie managment system.

Let me know if I mis-understood your question.

Maybe....I think....

I've only been playing with PanelView Plus for about 2 days now, but I think that it MIGHT be possible.

What you would need to do is create an OPC server on the PV+ that looks at an RSLinx topic (connected to RSView32) running on the remote PC. (I'm not sure if RSLinx can do this, however)

Then you can set up tags within the Panelview which read the recipe tags in RSView32. You would then have to set up a Macro button that would copy the value of the RSView-linked tags to tags linked to PLC addresses.

You would still have to load the recipe in RSView32, and press the button on the PV+ for the data to transfer. You are NOT going to ba able to get to the recipe file in RSView32 directly from the Panelview.