MMC Card and Pocket PC

Bitschieber

Hello,

it is possible the Simatic MMC cards to format in such a way it in a
normal pocket PC (MMC pit) works ?

If it is possible with which program ? (or hardware?)

thanks for answer

You could contact jcarlos who seems to know a lot. He wrote something in THIS thread.

According to him you can make an image of a Siemens MMC card, and put the image on another (but identical type) MMC card, using a standard MMC card reader.

Hi and thanks for your answer!

I've read the thread you gave me, but the problem is, that you must have an original image of a standart MMC.
Is there any program, which can change my Siemens MMC to a standart MMC?

Thanks for your help!

greets
Bitschieber

Hi,

I want to change my Siemens MMC to an standart MMC to use it with my Pocket PC. It's a 512MB Card (this Siemens MMC is normaly used in a Simatic S7/300), but I only can use 3,27MB -if I use the normal format with my card-redear- of it and that's why I want to change my Siemens MMC to a standart MMC.
I need the space to install normal programs for my Pocket PC and not any longer for the Simatic S7/300.

Thanks for replies!

greets
Bitschieber

What a waste !

A Siemens MMC card is MUCH more expensive than a comercially available MMC card. Buy a cheap standard MMC card, and keep the Siemens card for when you need to make an S7 project.

Bitschieber said:
Hi,

I want to change my Siemens MMC to an standart MMC to use it with my Pocket PC. It's a 512MB Card (this Siemens MMC is normaly used in a Simatic S7/300), but I only can use 3,27MB -if I use the normal format with my card-redear- of it and that's why I want to change my Siemens MMC to a standart MMC.
I need the space to install normal programs for my Pocket PC and not any longer for the Simatic S7/300.

Thanks for replies!

greets
Bitschieber

Is that 512 MB or 512K. Most of the cards I've seen are 48k - 128k for much more $$ than a 512 MB standard card.

Hi!

@JesperMP: It's not a question of waste, but a question of doing.
I've got those cards and want to use them with my PDA and I don't need them any longer for any S7-projects or something else.

@DesertDog: It's a 512MB MMC :)

Currently I can use only about 16MB from the 512.

Thanks and greets
Bitschieber

What is the type number of the MMC ?

I am beginning to think that what you have got is NOT an MMC card for the S7-300.
The largest MMC card currently available in Siemens catalogs is 6ES7953-8LP11-0AA0 with 8 MB and a price tag of approx 300 EURO.
(The 512 kB card is 6ES7953-8LJ11-0AA0).

You can get a standard MMC card with 512 MB for approx 150-200 EURO.