HMI Query

Vu1c4n

Hi guys i am relatively new to hmi/scada and have some questions relating to the best set up. Currently i have two micrologix 1400 plcs on an ethernet network talking to a redlion dspgt hmi. it is required to be logged into by the engineer for changes and getting log files. although every thing works as it should remote monitoring is extremely slow when logged into the redlion controller even when on the LAN. i also have two hach sc200 controllers connected via 4-20mA to one of the 1400s but want to change this to modbus to free up a card. If i was to do away with this DSPGT what other options are there that are a bit more responsive and aesthetically pleasing?

Any information would be greatly appreciated 🤞🏻

Can you put some numbers on what you consider "extremely slow" ?

The Red Lion Data Station Plus, for those of you reading along, doesn't have a screen. Instead, it has a "virtual HMI" that can be viewed by a Web Browser.

In my experience, it's always been very fast. I see screen updates about 5 to 10 times per second with my small applications.

Your application might be larger or more complicated, or there might be something wrong on the network.

I would troubleshoot the connectivity and performance of the existing system before I tried to replace it.

Hi Ken
The data tags themselves update very well but going from page to page is where i run into issues. Extremely slow being in the range of if i link and update and then log in straight away, it will take around 20 seconds for a button press to register just to get into another page. if i leave it for 30mins after a link update its a bit better....about 5-10 seconds for a button press to register on a pc on the network and a bit longer if im remotely logging in. Logging in remotely and trying to use the onscreen authenticator is almost pointless. I have had our IT guy go over my settings and all seem to be ok. What sort of response times should i be expecting?