Sort of OT: Grounded, current-carrying DC Conductor

brstilson

Have a job with a 40 Amp DC Power supply. I can find Blue #8 no problem, but I'm stuck when it comes to the common. The common will be grounded, and according to NFPA 79 14.2.3.2(1):

WHITE with BLUE stripe for grounded (current-carrying) dc circuit conductor.

The thing is, I can't find this color scheme in #8. I have to use that wire size, but I can't find anything in the code book that lists an alternative if that color isn't available.

Are you allowed to use two or more cables in parallel - sorry I dont Know Gauge sizes

How long?

If only a few feet then grab a permanent blue magic marker, put on a glove, pinch it against the wire and drag the wire over it. I've done that a few times for lengths of up to a couple of dozen feet for larger wires where its not practical to purchase a whole roll of striped wire.