FSTE HMI Tags Not updating?

xC0MMAND0x

Here is a really simple situation I can accurately duplicate:

I make an HMI Tag \TestTags\TestInt
I set it to be of data type Integer, and an initial value of "15", in memory, non retentive.

On a display, I add a numeric display and point it to the tag. When I run the display Live, it shows "15". Perfect.

Now, if I CHANGE the Initial Value of the Tag to "16", accept the changes and re-run, the Live display STILL shows the old value.

Even after restarting the appplication, and trying to run things in the actual Client. The HMI Tag shows it to have an initial value of "16" but the value being pulled in and displayed is still "15".

Maybe I'm missing something basic (most likely), but why is the value of the HMI Tag not updating on my screen?

Any ideas? I can create new Tags with initial values, and those show, but once I change the Initial Value or change things, it still shows the initial value when shown on the Displays.

Solved.

I was able to find a resolution. It turns out FTSE uses Internet Explorer Temporary files as a cache for updating information. I was running IE10, which is unsupported by Rockwell.

Simple uninstalling IE10 (Control Panel > Programs > Show Windows Updates > IE10-Uninstall) and rebooting the machine reverted to IE9.

Also, IE9 > Tools > Internet Options > Settings > BrowserHistory\Settings > "Every time I visit the Webpage" check seems to help as well.

Perhaps someone else will stumble upon this issue and this might help.