PavelView Plus 1000

alexbeatle

Good day,

Could you please suggest if there's a way to put a degree symbol for "°C" on the PavelView Plus 1000 screen as text?
Copying from MS Word didn't work.

Thank you,

Alex

I guess I am not following you. I got it to work using the Alt 0176 suggestion. Studio 7.0. I didn't download it to an actual Panelview though but did test it in design enviroment.

It worked for me too. Maybe you are misunderstanding what is meant by Alt+0176?

Press and hold the Alt key. While holding Alt, press 0176 on the number pad, then release the alt key. It should insert a deg symbol.

I guess I am not following you. I got it to work using the Alt 0176 suggestion. Studio 7.0. I didn't download it to an actual Panelview though but did test it in design enviroment.

You're right, if I just create a text box, then Alt 0176 suggestion works.
But it cannot be passed in an ASCII string from the PLC.

You're right, if I just create a text box, then Alt 0176 suggestion works.
But it cannot be passed in an ASCII string from the PLC.

Thats probably because its not an ASCII character.

Its on the extended ASCII list (element 248) but I dont know if that works with Rockwell.

In RSLogix5000 I created a string tag and typed $B0F (the hex equivalent of the degree character plus the 'F') into the string edit box. It accepted it and indicated the length as 2 characters. But I don't have a setup to test it in actual equipment. RSLogix5000 doesn't display the small circle for the first character entry, just the '$B0'.

In RSLogix5000 I created a string tag and typed $B0F (the hex equivalent of the degree character plus the 'F') into the string edit box. It accepted it and indicated the length as 2 characters. But I don't have a setup to test it in actual equipment. RSLogix5000 doesn't display the small circle for the first character entry, just the '$B0'.

Great advice, thank you bernie_carlton.
This works for any symbol replaced with its hex equivalent!