SLC 5/04 and DF1 Half-Duplex Slave

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am working on a project where the consulting engineer is requiring 3 SLC 5/04s messaging half-duplex over a phone line. I can set up the processors so one is a DF1 Polling Master and the other two are slaves, but I was curious if it is possible to run all three as slaves and still message. Thanks.

Well I tried something similar. I tried two 5/04 processors with both set as DF1 Slaves. No communications were possible. All messages timed out without a DF1 Master.

OG

You can message from slave to slave in DF1 Half-Duplex, but there still has to be a master in the system polling those slaves and proxy-handling the slave-to-slave messages.

One of your SLC's will have to be the DF1 Half-Duplex Master.

one more trick....

Note that if your SCADA is configured as a master on the network, then all 3 SLC's can be slaves. The Scada will handle the polling arbitration.