Factorytalk View ME Alarm Lists

tranh2

Hello everyone,

I have a question related to the alarm list and filtering of certain alarms.

We've standardized on device control popups and on each popup we have an alarm list banner. For example, we have one device control popup for a single speed motor, one for variable speed motor, 4-20 analog transmitter etc. Through using parameters I can just create one popup for the motor and reuse it for different single speed motors for example. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about so I'm not going to explain more about that.

In each of the popups I have an alarm banner. What I'd like to do is to filter out all alarms except the ones related to that device. So for example if I have 4 single speed motors (motor1, motor2, motor3, motor4) and when I click on the motor symbol the for motor1 I only want the display banner to show alarms related to motor1. Similarly, if I click on the motor symbol for motor2, it brings up the same popup as motor 1, but through parameters info is related to motor2. I just don't know how or if you can filter out alarms this way also.

I have experience in Wonderware it this is easily accomplished through some scripts and alarm groupings. Just wondering if something similar can be done in FTView ME.

Thank you!

There is a filter option in the alarm screens and banners. But to my knowledge you can't modify filter options by parameter file. I believe your options would be to use multiple Banners with individual filters and use the parameter file to control visibility. But, there are screen limitations depending on your license. 15 screen, 30 screen, etc. Now you can use Variables in your Alarm Messages and that might be an option.