Red Lion and Omron NJ processor Using FINS driver

wdd0422

I would like to use a Red Lion G310C210 HMI with a Omron NJ301-1100 processor configured with the FINS driver. Both Omron and Red Lion say it "Should" work. Does anybody here have that combination working or know of any compatibility issues before I purchase them?

Thanks
Bill

Does the redlion not support Ethernet/ip?
Poor show if not.
If using FINS be aware the NJ is entirely tag based, and FINS wants a good old absolute address.
You'll need to create variables which 'appear' as traditional memory areas.
From my memory, %D10 is the syntax to put in the AT column of your variable table to echo the tag to FINS-addressable memory - D10 in this case.
Btw-the NJ is outstanding. Best in class (IMHO)
Pp

Red Lion Settings for FINS Master over TCP for NJ on same FINS network:
Destination network, node and unit = zero (0)
Source network = 0, node = 1, unit = zero

The NJ will need to have setting changed :
(CONFIGURATION AND SETUP>TASK SETTINGS):
Periodic task period/execution - default 1ms, change to 2ms

- AND/OR -

(CONFIGURATION AND SETUP>CONTROLLER SETUP>OPERATIONS SETTINGS):
System Service Execution Time Ratio - default 10%, change to 15%

Unless these NJ parameters are modified the NJ will not allocate time for the communications. This is dependent on number of Ethercat slaves, EIP nodes, and program size.

Nj+g310

Hi all,

I'm new on here but I was trying exactly what the initial post was asking.
For JeremyH, I didn't try to use Ethernet/Ip as slave, I have this question how you créate the Tags on CRIMSON?, I can't see the PLC or I'm doing some thing wrong.
I'm in contact with Red Lion but for there is nothing clear enough, I use to program lot of K306,K307 and G310 using FINS or C protocol for Omron, never had a hard time as now with this NJ and G310.
For STOMSKIK, thanks for the post, but there is no posible to write Network=0 on the NJ side, asking for that to Omron they said must be 1 in both sides RL and NJ.
For the time I'll try next monday, for now was imposible to stablish comunication in between both devices.
My configuration is this one:
NJ side FINS, IP 192.168.250.1, node 1 I use Etherne Built/In option, 250, Unit, Network 1 (if I write ), Sysmac do not like it).
On the Red Lion side, make Network enable, manual setup 192.168.250.2
On PLC , Omron, Master via FINS, PLC IP 192.168.250.1,destination and source network=1 as on NJ side.
Destination Node 1, Source Node 2, as I said with this configuration I just had créate Variable on the NJ side "dato0"------>INT----Initial Value----->5----> %D0----> Retentive is check.
On the Red Lion side I créate the same tag name D0 (%D0, can't).
On the page just that tag Read/Write properties, and nothing happens, the famaous "----" appears, means no comunication.

I'll accept any idea and help from all of you, and also can try thing for you in case you need it, I have te NJ and the Red Lion playing with, I'll glad to help too.

thanks, Jose

Attached are some Jpegs that might help:

PLC IP ADDRESS IS 10.101.80.20
Red Lion IP ADDRESS IS 10.101.21

In the Red Lion (crimson_comm.jpg]), set FINS node addresses as shown. The Red Lion is a master, it only cares about the IP of the PLC (FINS over TCP/IP is used), not the node.

Create Blocks to communicate with the PLC (tag_block.jpg).

Create internal tags in the Redlion to use for pbs, indicators, etc.

Drag and drop internal tags to the created blocks to map the Redlion/PLC.

You do not need to change any FINS settings in the PLC, as it is treated as a slave. (PLC_FINS.jpg)

The NJ treats FINS communication as overhead. You may have to change the system service time (increase). If the time allotted for FINS is too small, no communication will take place. This depends on the number of words of data you are trying to transfer.

Your global variables appear to be correct. They should not be published.

I tried many times unsuccessfully trying to get EIP to work, as Red Lion, does not have a true EDS file for EIP. It works with Rockwell (A-B) because Rockwell uses a generic ethernet EDS, that Omron does not have.

crimson_comm.jpg PLC_FINS.jpg plc_basic.jpg tag_block.jpg crimson_tags.jpg

Hi Stomskik,

Thank you very much for your clear reply, I tested and it's works just fine.
Many thanks, for your help on this, it was a pleasure learning.

Jose

Hi Stomskik,

I have one more question, it's possible to see the I/O on the Red Lion?.
I'm using a lot of modules I/O, analog I/O Inverters, all connected throug Ethercat and monitorized by Red Lion using the method you had described before.
When I create the "simple" I/O, for test my phisical output called Out0-----> ECAT://node#[1,2]/Output Bit 16 bits/Output Bit 00, on the NJ, if I try to change some thing there as %100, or %100.00, the phisical output stops working, I'm thinking to keep this as good setup "ECAT://node#[1,2]/Output Bit 16 bits/Output Bit 00" and just move the entire OUT CHANNEL to an HR Channel and use theHR for Red Lion Purpose, what do you think?.

Thanks, Jose

Hi Stomskik,

I have done some trys and now I understud bit better how to make work togheter the G310 and the NJ, I have done some test with I/O, Aux bits and DM and looks good to me.

Thanks you very much for your great input and let me know if there is some I can help.

thanks, Jose