RSLogix 5000 Question

tomizzo11

I’ve got a question regarding RSLogix5000. If I was in the online edit mode and made a change to my code and saved that, would it retrigger a first scan? I’m wondering this because I am using a CPT block to convert units and only one the conversion to be done on the first scan, but if I were to change one of the values being converted, I would like it to still be updated. Any help?

I’ve got a question regarding RSLogix5000. If I was in the online edit mode and made a change to my code and saved that, would it retrigger a first scan? I’m wondering this because I am using a CPT block to convert units and only one the conversion to be done on the first scan, but if I were to change one of the values being converted, I would like it to still be updated. Any help?

Then you can do it every scan ?

Or you could write code that detects when one of the CPT operands changes to trigger the CPT again, but that would be more "costly" than executing the CPT every scan.

Then you can do it every scan ?

Or you could write code that detects when one of the CPT operands changes to trigger the CPT again, but that would be more "costly" than executing the CPT every scan.

I’m still new to PLC programming and assumed that designing code that would do a conversion every scan as opposed to only one scan would be a waste of resources. The thing be converted really only needs to be done once for regular operations, but in the case of editing, I would need the CPT block to run again to update the change.

I’m still new to PLC programming and assumed that designing code that would do a conversion every scan as opposed to only one scan would be a waste of resources. The thing be converted really only needs to be done once for regular operations, but in the case of editing, I would need the CPT block to run again to update the change.

Create a temporary Boolean tag and put it in parallel with the xic s:fs and then manually change it on then off. Commonly referred to as a debug tag.

Just so you get the picture properly - the code you might design to detect a change in a parameter to re-trigger the CPT would be less efficient then just doing the CPT every scan.

Just put the CPT in the MainProgram somewhere, let it update the destination tag every scan, and forget about it.