ModbusTCP Master Application R102

mousekit2

Hello,

I am trying to establish a communication between a logix5566 PLC with ethernet module and TCP/Modbus gateway to read power meter values.

Software: RSLogix5000 V16.04.00

A sample program "ModbusTCP Master Application R102" is found. But it associated with the solution uses RSLogix5000 V20.

Does the program run on RSLogix5000 V16?
If not, any other sample program is recommended to run on v16?

Thank you very much,

It should work with any PLC that has the open socket capability and RsLogix version 15 or higher. You can look at 470690 - Open Sockets Support in ControlLogix and CompactLogix systems to see if yours is in there. If you think it is, try it out. The application note for the sample program mentions that it should work in 15 or higher just only tested in 20.

Having said that, I would recommend not doing it unless losing a ton of memory is not an issue. It will take a quarter meg, and is a pain to cut down, and you only get 4 transactions. I would get an external card from prosoft like the MVI69-MNET if you can and it works with your PLC, or, like I did after realizing the memory and implementation were difficult on my compactlogix, I used the HMI to communicate with the modbus/tcp device. A lot of HMI's do modbus tcp/ip natively.