Disable Integral PID portion in TI545?

OdinIII

I'm trying unsuccessfully to control a steam regulator for drying cans with a TI545. I'm using WorkShop for programming. When I make a new loop the Integral is set to "+INF" in the loop settings and displays "1.#INF" in data view. Once an Integral value is set I can't figure out how to disable the I portion again. Does anyone know what I'm missing.

Also are there any simulators online that allow you to see the effects of changing the gain values on a virtual system?

I have not used your software, but can't you just put a value of 0 into the integerator I value? In a PID control system, once your error is calculated, based on your settings of the P,I & D those values are totaled together to give a output, if any of those have a value of 0 its as if that part does not exist. Hope this helps.

I have not used your software, but can't you just put a value of 0 into the integerator I value? In a PID control system, once your error is calculated, based on your settings of the P,I & D those values are totaled together to give a output, if any of those have a value of 0 its as if that part does not exist. Hope this helps.

Thanks dbh6

I had tried entering a 0 in the data view which didn't work but realized that I hadn't tried entering a 0 into the PID settings until I read your post. Thankfully when I enter a 0 in the PID settings it correctly changes the Integral value to infinity.

Thanks again.

Another trick that sometimes works when any controller refuses to read zero, enter as small of a number as it will let you (i.e. 0.01 isn't zero but it may be "close enough" to be zero)