Unusual behavior in RSLOGIX 500

fishworm

Hi everyone,
I having an unusual problem with the Micrologix 1400 programming via Rslogix 500.
As you can see from the screenshot below I have configured DI and DO in Lad 2 and Lad 3, and main program is configured in LAD 4.
I am testing the program via emulator. The problem is when I run the program and enable the Input bits to high the corresponding bits go high but the bits connected with the connected to corresponding outputs in the LAD 4 doesn't go high. This is just too unusual behavior and can't seem to find any solutions.

PLZ HELP...

plc_zpsf3bc54be.jpg

I think you may have forgotten to add JSR (Jump to subroutine) instructions in LAD 2 to Jump to Ladders 3 and 4. If you do not do that then these ladders won't be scanned.

My money is on the JSR
but both are a valid point.
Welcome to the site
I will suggest that you get into the habit, now, of using tags and comments
this is invaluable later

Can you use JSR on an end ladder? LAD 13. Will it still work the same?
No, it will not work the same as putting a JSR in Lad 2 and having it jump from there to Lad 4 (your file above for example).

After the scan Jumps to Lad 4 and runs that, it will retun to the next instruction below the JSR. If you call a subroutine from Lad 13, then the scan will return to Lad 13 when the Jump is completed.