HMI Confusion

rroze002

Hi all,

I've done several projects with the AB PanelView Plus HMI, in this case I'm using a 1500 + model. I'm struggling to figure out how, in the case where multiple PLC are communicating to a single HMI unit, one PLC could write to a tag and another PLC could read that tag.

In my previous projects, the PLC would host all of the tags which would be referenced in the HMI program. So how can one reference a PLC tag which is hosted on a separate PLC unit?

[PLC 1 - tag 1]---->[tag1.....HMI.....tag2]---->[PLC2 - tag2]

Thanks in advance.

if your trying to reference multiple plcs to one single hmi then why can't you go under the communications setup is rslinx enterprise then define different shortcuts for the different plcs that way when you reference your tags they will go to that specific Plc

Let me put this another way:

I have a barcode scanner - Cognex Dataman8000 series, which I would like to interface with the HMI. The idea is to display the barcode scanner results and then transfer to the PLC.

Does anyone know if this could be done?

Not quite...
The PV+ 1500 HMI is desigmed to connect to CPU controllers; the CPU controllers are designed to connect to "peripherals" such as your barcode scanner.
"Retrieve" the scanner data into the CPU controller(make/model?)and then display it within the controller "connected" FTVS HMI application.