need to make copy of EPROM OF S5-95U SIEMENS PLC

hinddhindsa

Hi, Dear Friends.
I have one Siemens S5-95U PLC with EPROM installed in it, i am unable to upload program from the PLC although i have STEP5 software and communication cable. Now i need to make another EPROM for this plc,How to make this, Already PLC with installed EPROM is running well, Please help.
thank you very much in advance.

If there is a backup battery in the S5-95U CPU, you can remove the EPROM (when CPU is powered down).
The EPROM can be loaded into STEP5 with the corresponding EPROM writer/reader.

Since you might not have an EPROM writer/reader like Jesper suggested, you can buy an EEPROM of the same size on Ebay etc. You can program the EEPROM with the PLC.

Jesper,
From his post, it looks like he will be happy with another copy of the PLC program as a backup:
"Now i need to make another EPROM for this plc".
He can make a copy from RAM to EEPROM.

You say that you have Step 5 and a connection cable, but cannot upload. Is this because it does not work or you do not know how to use it?

Dear Friends,Thanks for your worthy replies.
I have step 5 software, i know its operations also, but unfortunately its not communicating with my PLC, i tried many times, i get an error.
Now i need to learn the both the ways to make a new EPROM.
first through copying of program from RAM to EPROM,
Second through uploading program from PLC to step 5 then transfer it into EPROM.
i hope you understand my point friends..

Regardless if the "EPROM" is actually an EEPROM or an UVPROM, the program will almost certainly already be stored on it.

You need a promming device intended for S5 EEPROMs/UVPROMs in order to read the contents. Do you have such a device, or a PG with an integrated prommer ?

And why do you want to make a new EPROM ?

If the program on the EPROM is already good, you dont need to make a new, and if the EPROM is no good, and you cannot connect to the PLC, you are out of options anyway.

Honestly, if you cannot read out the program from the CPU or the EPROM, maybe you can find a printed program listing somewhere, and with that start considering how to migrate to a newer PLC.

EPROM Is good, but for safety side, industrialist want to get new EPROM with same old program, i do not have such promming device,i will have to buy. or i have to copy program from RAM to EPROM. by inserting the EPROM to the S5-95U CPU.

IMHO it makes no sense to make another EPROM with the same program.
The existing EPROM is the backup already.
You should put the effort into getting the program out of the PLC or the EPROM and onto disk, so you can start migrating to something newer.

You could find another S5 plc that you can communicate with. Copy program from eprom to that plc (old program in that plc is deleted!) and then from plc to computer. Just make sure that nothing gets irreversibly lost.

hello dear friend:
I have connected plc with the Step5 v7.2 . the cable is reddish .
I have two suggestion to you .
the first , check the PC . it does not hand computer .
the second , check the software , the edition is step5 v7.2 .