OMRON CJ2M-CPU32 Simulation Problems

lpons

Hi All,

I'm new to the Forum and especially new to PLC world since my company got some PLC works I have to manage. That's why I apologize for any silly questions and mistakes I can say and do!

First of all some config infos:
I'm running the CX-One suite from OMRON (CX-Programmer version 9.43) in order to understand how a CJ2M-CPU32 PLC works in the system I have to fix. I have the program the PLC is running on the system but I don't have the PLC itself, since it is mounted on the client's machine and I can access it occasionally. So I decided to set up the simulator in order to have a better understanding about the PLC's program. Here come the problems.

Whit the PLC offline (of course since CX-Programmer it's connected to the PLC) I click on "Simulation -> Work Online Simulator" and I get the following error:

"Failed to connect to the PLC. Please check the following:
-The device selected in CX-Programmer matches the type of PLC it's connected to.
-The network settings of Change PLC dialog.
-The power supply to the PLC.
-The connection between the PLC and PC."

The target PLC matches the PLC selected in the program. I'm not sure about the network settings. The last two options are right since the PLC is not connected to the PC. So I decided to dig a bit more about setting up the simulator. 🤞🏻

Now, I open the CX-Simulator and when I go to set up a new PLC (using the PLC Setup Wizard) the CJ2M-CPU32 is not on the list of the available PLC. :mad: How is this possible? :confused: I've read that the point of connection between the CX-Programmer and virtual ladder engine is the FINS protocol. Is that right? But how can I use the FINS protocol since I cannot set-up a simulator??

I've looked everywhere on Internet about this and I couldn't find anything. And nobody is using CJ2M-CPU32 in simulation.

I appreciate any of your help, even in the tiniest part.

Thank you so much

Lorenzo

Update. From the CX-Server Driver Management Tool I can see the list of all the supported PLC devices. And the CJ2M-CPU32 PLC is not in that list. The version of the driver that I have is 5.2. Do you know if there is an more recent version to install in my CX-One suite? And, if yes, do you know where I can find it?

Thank you again so much

Last edited:
With the PLC offline (of course since CX-Programmer it's connected to the PLC) I click on "Simulation -> Work Online Simulator" and I get the following error:

"Failed to connect to the PLC. Please check the following:
Well, I have seen this error before (not for the CJ2M). Because you don't actually have the PLC and don't actually have a cable connecting to it, the error is trying to tell you that it could not find the connection (that you told it you had by selecting "Work Online" in simulation mode).

There should also be an option to "Work Offline Simulation". Try that one to see if it will create a phantom CJ2M-CPU32 PLC on which to run a simulated program.

Last edited:
I just opened CX-P and I have CX-P V9.50 ans CX Server version 5.0. I went to set up a new PLC and the CPU 32 is in the list.
Have you tried online updating at all?

I just opened CX-P and I have CX-P V9.50 ans CX Server version 5.0. I went to set up a new PLC and the CPU 32 is in the list.
Have you tried online updating at all?

Thank you for your reply! I'm doing the updates right now so I'll see if the CJ2M will be on the list or not. I'll keep the post updated.

Thanks

Hi All,

After the updated now everything is working! I can simulate either from CX-Programmer (program debugging) and from the CX-Simulator (program, serial/network debugging).

Thanks everyone for help!

Always keep your software up to date - I check every week to see if there are updates.