FactoryTalk View ME Station version incompatibility issue

m_aqil

Dear All,

I am having trouble in opening a project using FactoryTalk View ME Station. I am getting an error message that says " cannot open the project due to version incompatibility". I believe *.MER file was downloaded using a newer version of FactoryTalk. Any suggetions on how to solve this compatibility issue without upgrading the FT View software???

Many thanks in advance!!!

Two, options:
1. Get the correct version.
2. Have whoever did the program create a MER or APA for the version you have.

I would go with #1 as #2 could introduce some problems... there are items in the later version that aren't supported in the earlier version. For example, v7 allows PNG, earlier version don't.

James

Hi James,

Thank you for the post.
For the PLC we can download the EDS files and then we can see the PLC using RSLinx therefore am able to download the program from the PLC using RSLogix 5000. I was wondering if there exist same type of procedure or methed for the PV+ 1000 and FT View ME Station.

Aqil

You can see a PV+ in RSLinx, however, this hardware uses RSLinx enterprise. You can upload/download to/from a PV+, using the transfer utility that gets installed when you install FTView Studio. If you don't have software, then use a jump drive straight from the PV+.

James

I have downloaded the *.mer file from the PV+ 1000, but am unable to open it. When I try to open the downloaded file using FT View ME Station, it gives an error message saying " Cannot open the project due to version incompatibility."

Hi m_aqil,

I'm curently running the latest version of FT View,
If you would like to upload the .MER file you have, i can open and save as another version to help if you also let me know which version you are using.
Just send me a PM if you need a hand.

James,

Thank you for the two option. I will try the second one first and if it doesnt work I will go with the first option. Once again thank you.

Aqil

Hi all, Im using FT Studio ME 7.0, we are trying o download PV+ compact 1000, we are getting same error on the HMI, there was 5.10.08.09 version we updated it 5.10.11.09,we are saving the runtime project version 5.10, Still we are getting same " can not open the project due to version incompatibility" error. Is there any idea?

Last edited:
Brendan , Thanks for your answer, yes we did, we have chosen correct type HMI in FT view, as I've said we are using FT view 7.0 and we are able to select mer file version 7.0 or 5.10. We have downloaded 5.10.11.09 firmware into panel, even we select 5.10 .mer file we cant get result because of that error " cannot open project due to version incompatibility"