Cycle Stop when loading new tube on T-Drill with AB SLC 5/02

Miami Guy

I have Several T-Drill Tube Cutting machines. This particular one came in a crate not running. I pieced it together changing out sensors, air solenoids, messy wiring, etc. I runs well but when it drops a new tube from the magazine, it will not push the tube in and continue the cycling of cutting. If I toggle the Magazine switch on the panel, it continues. I think I have narrowed it down to Rung 150, but I am not too logic savvy.

Luke,

Attach the program so other can help you troubleshoot it also make sure its the copy you made the comments on...

(disclaimer) This is a customer of mine looking for help, I sold him a cable

Mark

I would start by adding more comments - try and figure out what all of the binary bits are representing and give them descriptions.

This may help a little... just as a overview

Right click on the bit and do a Find All, this is being used as a XIC in rung 150, the OTU is a unlatch in the first scan, so as the CPU is powered up it will unlatch this bit the OTL is the latching bit... if you ting that O:3/14 is your issue then you need to fill in the blanks as best that you can

Bits will have the same action but can be called from different places in the program, by naming one you will be naming all

Luke 1.jpg

Binary bits are kind of like PLC "memory." They could be used in 1000s lines of code or maybe just used once on an HMI.

On line 2 for example, I would name B3:0/5 as "HITCH NOT IN POSITION" based on the code.

On line 4, I would call b3:0/10 as "TUBE IS PRESENT"

etc, etc.

Just follow the code and add comments and descriptions where you can and before long the whole program will make more sense.

Found some time and started labeling the Binary Bits. I found a Rung #105 that has everything lit up and then a Timer T4:2DN that is the last thing before the activating binary B3:4/11(starts pushing tube into machine). How can I adjust this timer?

First you need to find where the T2 is being called from and set...

On the left click on T4 (thats your Time file)
Then find you timer and right click on T4.2 and then FIND ALL
On the bottom you will see your run 105 where you are and the TON is where is it being set so click on the TON and this will bring you to RUNG 119

Then you can change the preset.... BUT before you change the time make sure that the ((("Clamps Close Lower Sol Right Side"))) Clamps are closed and you are getting the input when you should

Timer4-2.jpg

I will check that. You mentioned "Clamps closed". When I toggled the Binary B3:4/11 at the end of Rung 105, the tube gets pushed in but the Clamps Stay closed keeping the tube from passing further into the cut section.

The reason I stated that, was if you look at that input (that is what is starting your timer), so you need to make sure that its on or off depending what you need in your logic

Timerinput4-2.jpg