PB in popup windows

narsenault

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, using FT6.10 on a PVPlus 1500 I'm created popup windows using the goto PB to activate the popup. On this popup I have some caution text for the operators about making a choice using a return PB or a momentary button to start a plc funtion. My problem is how do I get the momentary PB to automatically close out the popup window, I've tried different scenario's but no go. Is there a expression using the same tag that I could use through the indicator part of the PB base on the plc tag going to a 1 state? Anyone have any suggestions if this can be done using momentary PB.

Thanks Norm

Hi

probably not the most "elegant" way to do it, but anyway..

on your popup window replace the momentary pushbutton with a Close display Button.

On the close display properties under the general tab, there is a value section,
tick the "Write on Close" and enter 1 for the "Close Value"

then go to the connections tab under the same close display properties.
on the "Value" enter the tag name where it will write a 1 once you close the popup.

what will happen in runtime is once you click on the close display button,
it will LATCH the tag you entered.

you can then unlatch the bit in the PLC software.

tag
----(u)

another alternative if you dont want to unlatch in the PLC software
is to create a macro in FTview.
under TAG enter the tag name and under expression enter 0
save the macro, open your popup display and right click in a blank space on the popup window,
click on display settings, in behaviour tab under shutdown enter the macro name you created.

the shutdown macro will executute once the display is closed which will unlatch the tag.
might happen very quickly though going this route.

Thanks Mariov, I appreciate your response but I have tried that way with the close PB but because there is quite alot built in momentary triggers coming from the HMI and since the plc was already program this way I was hoping to avoid reprogramming all the individual pulses for each trigger. I was hoping that there was a way to somehow close that popup window with the momentary PB.

Norm

in the FTview explorer window under system there is global connections.
under Display Tab there are settings for "Close an On Top Display"
and a "Close All On Top Displays"
They both allow for tag or expressions to be entered.

I was just trying to test it with memory tags, not connected to any hardware at the moment, but does not seem to work.

Maybe have a try with your Hardware to see if you can have any joy.

EDIT - Saw in the diagnostics window that it was trying to close a popup window withDisplay Number 1
changed the number for the popup and it now its closing...

Last edited:
Mariov, I check and all my popup displays and they are set at #0, I have never use this global feature so I'm lost on this. As I am not on site it is difficult for testing with hardware, so could you eleborate more on the setup that you tested. Could I use the "close all on top displays" with one tag expression being equal to 1 in the logic?

Norm

from the FTView Help File:

Close All On Top Displays

When this connection value is True, the application will close all replaceable On Top displays whose display number is not 0. Non-replaceable On Top displays will not be closed.

If you want to use global connections, you must make sure that each display has its own unique number.

A read only connection. Assign a digital tag or an expression to this connection.

So you would just need to change your display numbers of your popups to be greater than 0,
you can enter a single tag or expression to execute the "close all on top displays."

if you want to use an expression then just enter the tag names followed by or,
Expression: Tag1 or Tag2 or Tag3 etc...