OT Boston Mass travel trip

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Way off topic. Travel plans.

Since we have members all over the world does anyone have any must see places in Boston? My wife and I are going up for a short weekend for our 10 yrs anniversary.

Thanks for your time.

Boston is an awesome place to visit. There are too many "great" places to pick just one. I recommend if you have most of a day, to walk the freedom trail.

You can get on a duck boat tour in the lobby of the Boston Museum of Science. The duck boats are basically busses that double as boats so the tour goes all around Boston by road and by water.

And my personal favorite for seafood in Boston is the Legal Seafoods across the way from the Boston Aquarium.

I hope you enjoy your trip, and congrats on you and your wife's 10 year anniversary!

Dave

The seafood is great in either place mentioned, but if you fancy Italian, the North End is fantastic. Easy to walk to, and just head up Hanover street and just about any restaurant will do fine within a few blocks. If you like beer, Harpoon Brewery has a nice tour as does Sam Adams (Sam Adams is a little tougher to get to, but both are accessible without a car through public transportation).

The Aquarium is nice to (get there early to avoid the crowds and baby strollers...), and Blue Man Group has a show in Boston.

I would highly recommend a visit to the USS Constitution, but, thanks to our great government, the facility is closed due to a "lapse in funding".