S7-SCL V11: copy DB1 -> DB2

I want to copy the contents of one DB, let's call it DB1, to DB2, which has the same variables/types in it.

As I have learned, in older versions of S7 SCL there was a function called MOVBLK or similar, which is not available here, as are not ANY pointers in TIA portal V11, at all (just read it on siemens site in black on white).

There is only MOVE_BLK, which can at most copy arrays, not DBs, and MOVE, which would at least be able to copy a whole struct, where I could put my named members into, from one DB to another, is available only to the other languages, not to SCL.

Then there is READ_DBL, which is only for copying between different memory areas, my DBs are both in RAM.

Are there other possibilities? If not a ready-to-use function, can I write one?
I have seen some functions using VARIANT to get passed in DBs, but have not found anything how I could use variant to copy from a source to a destination, byte wise or so.