plc

kelo

our whole factory in down for 2days now because our plc is blinking a red light on BF please help me...........

Kelo,
Welcome to the Forum.
We will need more info to be able to help you.
Please provide the following:
PLC Brand & Model
The nature of the problem? Blinking red light on about any PLC is a fault of some kind. Can you get online with the processor? If so can you give us the fault code. Also it would be nice to know the process that the PLC is controlling. Lastly what was happening just before the fault? Power outage? Emergency Shut Down? Anything that will help us pinpoint the problem.

Actually I'm a novice on plcs. I'm an ordinary electrical engineer just from college.I don't know how to get online with the processor or find the fault code. The plc is controlling all of the motors, pneumatic cylinders, compressors, and every other drives in the factory, let me say everything in the factory. The electrician reported that he turned the switch on the plc that reads ''RUN-P,RUN,STOP,MRES' from the RUN-P position to MRES and back to RUN-P. It was after this action that the red light on all the BF of the various plcs started blinking.

You're best to find someone local who can bail you out.

Start with your Siemens rep....

The BF means that a device the plc is trying to communicate with cannot be reached. What devices are connected to the plc and by what method?

To be fair if the whole factory is down maybe the managers would be happy to pay for a software engineer to come to site and fix it.

Regards,

Barry

Are you sure it isnt BF - Battery Fault???
Normally this should have been replaced every 2 years - check its use by date.

I should of remembered that - to FN long since I looked at a Siemens PLC
Ignore my Post Please

I hate to be blunt but you need someone who can come in that knows what they are doing. Call Siemens or whoever your company bought the equipment from. Someone will have to go online with the PLC to figure out what is wrong. The blinking BF light might not even be the problem. If the bus is configured wrong as in for something that isn't there the light will blink.

Is the Run light on?

If you want to look busy while you are waiting for someone you can check all of the profibus connections and cabling to make sure that something isn't wrong there.