Connect to CPU 315-2 DP

rakkso

Hi. Im trying to connect to a Siemens CPU 315-2 DP via VMWare.
My laptop doesn't have any COM ports, so I'm using a usb to rs232 converter, connected to a PC adapter (MPI).

CPU: 315-2AG10-0AB0
PC Adapter: 6ES7 972-0CA21-0XA0

So when i try to connect/ tranfer HW config or blocks, the green LED on the adapter lights up, then i get this error: "Online: The connection to the target module cannot be established." (33:16662).

I have checked settings in the device manager and PG/PC interface, and they match.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Maybe you already checked but is there a small switch on the side of the pc adaptor for selecting 19k or 38k ? does this match the local settings in S7?

I can tell you that the old type serial pc adaptor + usb/serial adaptor + XP mode (on W7) + Step 7 5.5 does work. I don't know about VMware sorry

Maybe you already checked but is there a small switch on the side of the pc adaptor for selecting 19k or 38k ? does this match the local settings in S7?

I can tell you that the old type serial pc adaptor + usb/serial adaptor + XP mode (on W7) + Step 7 5.5 does work. I don't know about VMware sorry

Yup they match! Hmm okay, I'm running XP in VMWare. So frustrating that it doesn't work out. But the green active LED on the adapter lights up, so there must be some kind of communication. :/

I should also mention that the STOP LED on the PLC is continuously flashing. Even with the PLC in RUN. Don't know what to make of that.