ControlLogix Adding I/O point online

epicnote

Hi guys,

Is it possible to add new I/O point during online (Remote Run) in existing Remote Chassis via Controlnet? I want to use the existing spare channel in remote chassis (FLEX I/O) which I can see in the Controller Tags. Attached are some picture from my configurations.

Thank you.

it's possible

as long as you're not adding new cards you should be fine. The channel is already declared, so look at how the other channels are handled in code and try to replicate that.

I think you answered your own question...

"I want to use the existing spare channel in remote chassis (FLEX I/O) which I can see in the Controller Tags."

As it is in the controller's tag database, you can surely use it....

Similar Topics

I am trying to add three AB 1426-M6E Power Monitor 5000s to the Device Tree of my Control logix application. Processor is L62 v. 20.12 Logix5000...
Replies
Views
We have a controllogix setup with 3 racks, and 14 racks of PLC5 using RIO cards. Here is my question. One of the PLC5 racks has a...
Replies
Views
Hello all I am adding a new SERCOS module to an existing Controllogix rack and two new axis to an existing Controllogix project on a customers'...
Replies
Views
I have a control logix network with a Logix5555 controller along with eight CNB modules at remote locations. Each remote location has various AI...
Replies
Views
I have a ControlLogix 5555 controller (1756-L55). The system has no non-volatile memory. I’d like to try and update the system with non-volatile...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom