older TI 305 communication

tommy23t

Does anyone have a pinout or know if a straight serial cable will work for programming on an older TI 305 plc? I have the model 305 03DM RS232 module that seems to work (lights go on). I was trying to do this with my laptop using Win 98, DOS window and DOS mode, no luck communicating (locked up). I am going to try again with DOS on an old laptop. The only software I have is TISOFT. It has been 12-13 yrs since I used this last, lots of cobwebs to clear. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
tommy23t

Thanks, Mike. I'll try that. I do have the directsoft32 that I thought supported this, but it only likes the 330 series (fine print). I could not come up with a link with that software at all. Maybe the cable is the same, worth a try.
thanks,
tommy23t

Keep in mind that although DirectSOFT can program similar products, it does not work with ALL. For example, although it can program the TI305 series, it will NOT work with the TI315xx series CPU.

For reference, here is a chart showing the non-DirectLOGIC products DirectSOFT32 can currently be used with:

[attachment]
beerchug

-Eric

compatibility.jpg