AB 1769-L35E and 1769-SDN/B issue?

jags

Hi All,
Newbie here! Could someone please help me.

I'm setting up a plc atm. Its basically a 1769-L35E/b with 2 1769-SDN/B cards in it.
I flashed the cpu fw up to 16.whatever.
When I setup a program in logix, I create a new module, communications adaptor,1769-sdn, the card is a v4 but the only options for major revision are 2 or 3.

I have the eds file for v4 in linx as when setting up the .dnt file, I can put in a v4 card along with the various dnet devices.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Use Rev.3 and you will probably be fine; just use "Compatible Keying" as the Electronic Keying option when adding it to the Project Tree instead of "Exact Match".
It probably has to do with the age of your copy of RSL5K (Modules Profiles); Rev.4 is fairly new and at the time your copy of RSL5K was installed it didn't exist within the user software database.
If you want to "Key" the modules "Exactly", install a later RSL5K revision such as 18 or 19 or the latest Rev. 16 minor; the Modules' Profiles installing with RSL5K Rev.18 or 19 will probably become also available with your copy of Rev.16.
.eds files are used exclusively by the RSLinx and RSNetWorx utilities.

Thanks Buddy. I already set it to Comp Keying and it works. I may flash it back to v3?

Go for it, but why?...:unsure:...I'd be very careful downgrading firmware, especially when not in an emergency...:D