Training exercise

marcosouplex

I'm new to this forum and also new in S7-300 programming.

In order to start programming, I made a small project that is now finished (almost I want to change one or two point).

I found this exercice quite nice and I would say it allowed me to greatly improve my knowledge in with step 7. I also could realize that there's still a huge quantity of things to learn....

The exercise is as follow

Build a FB that drives a 16 bits chase.
Through the FB, we can
-> start the chase
-> stop the chase (if stopped light is setted at start position)
-> pause the chase (the light is frozen in the last position)
-> reverse the chase (it will change it direction without coming to first position)
-> accelerate the chase (through impulse on a push button, we can accelerate the chase)
-> slow down the chase (through impulse on a push button, we can slow down the chase).
-----|maximum and minium speed are adjustable within a range
-----|I want to allow later to adjust the speed through an analog input

-> restrain the chase between upper and lower range (it means for example that it will start on bit 3 and loop when reach bit 14) Those upper & lower range are adjustable
-----|I forecast to chang this in order to jump chosen bits. Those bits will be given in an input word.

-> a toggle input allows to start the chase from start position
-> a toggle output light on when the last light is on.
-----|It should allow to synchronize serverals chase running on different outputs.

->Finally, I put the chase on an output word of the FB

My main deception, was that I could not give at the input of the FB the adresse of the output word (in order to write the chase inside). I tryed with a pointer, but it seems that I can't give the adrees of a word (for ex AW2) in order to write the chase inside.

Otherwise it's a nice project eventhough it take some time )))

Next step is to get my chase working together on two plc connected through mpi bus....