Plx31-eip-sie

xC0MMAND0x

Working on setting up an Ethernet module to handle messaging between an AB Contrologix PLC and a Siemens PLC.

I have the device setup on the network, and I can see it in RSLinx after uploading the EDS file.

The next step says to add the Module in RSLogix (V20). When adding the Module, I filter by Prosoft Technology, but the Device (PLX31-EIP-SIE) doesn't show up. Here is what does show up.

Any ideas? I've rebooted as it says. Also, I am running in an Emulator - but would that make a difference?

Thanks for any advice/tips/ideas!

The Emulator definitely won't be able to make the connection over EthernNet/IP, so it's sort of a moot point.

Having the controller type set for Emulator won't change the I/O products in the list, though.

Most Prosoft modules have a pretty good quick-start that describes how to configure them in the related Rockwell software toolkit.

This one might not have a profile and might need to be implemented as a Generic EtherNet/IP Module. What does Prosoft say ?

Edit: Chapter 5 of the user manual describes several different ways to access this module's data table. The Class 1 I/O object looks like it walks you through uploading and registering the EDS, which *should* make the module appear in the available modules list in RSLogix 5000 v20.

Last edited:
The Emulator definitely won't be able to make the connection over EthernNet/IP, so it's sort of a moot point.

Having the controller type set for Emulator won't change the I/O products in the list, though.

I thought that might be the case, but I figured I should at least be able to setup/see the module.

Most Prosoft modules have a pretty good quick-start that describes how to configure them in the related Rockwell software toolkit.

This one might not have a profile and might need to be implemented as a Generic EtherNet/IP Module. What does Prosoft say ?

Edit: Chapter 5 of the user manual describes several different ways to access this module's data table. The Class 1 I/O object looks like it walks you through uploading and registering the EDS, which *should* make the module appear in the available modules list in RSLogix 5000 v20.

The guide is fairly extensive. Going through it walks through the setup in RSLogix5000 v.20 (which I am using). I have uploaded the EDS file, and can see the Module in RSLinx perfectly. The module is just not showing up in RSLogix...

They do have steps for adding it as a Generic Ethernet Bridge, but that is only for v.19 and below, which I'm not using. I suppose I can try to configure it via those steps anyways and see what happens.

Commando..

I just tested the current version of the PLX31-EIP-SIE here and it is working for me. I just wanted to be sure something wasn't inadvertently broken with the EDS AOP.

If you go to the webpage of your unit, is this the firmware revision of your gateway?
Product Revision 1.01.153 2.6.30.10 #58
Firmware Version Date 07/29/2013

If so, then RSLogix5000 v20 should allow you to add the PLX31-EIP-SIE under your EIP bridge (ENBT, EN2T, etc.).

We have a good training video for the PLX31 Gateways here:
http://www.prosoft-technology.com/training/PLX31_04.html

This will get you through the EIP side. For the SIE side, you should refer to the documentation, as the SIE video is in the queue.

Post back here with any questions, or please feel free to contact our TS group: [email protected]

Thanks.
ProSoft Technology