Stratix 8000 Expansion

I have a system that is currently using a 10 port Stratix 8000 switch with one expansion module attached. All the ports are being used and I need more ports for some other equipment that is hardwired that I want to put on the network. I know I can add one more expansion module (1783-MX08T) to my unit, but what I want to know is if I will need to do any setup after installing the expansion, or will the switch be functional without setting up the expansion module? I need to be able to plan my time for the expansion so that as little production is disrupted as possible, if setup is necessary some weekend work may be needed.

Thank You,
Mark Snodgrass

You can't plug it in under power but you don't need to do any setup for it to work. Once it boots up with the expansion module attached it will see it and the ports will be assigned to the default vlan.

Thanks KID,

That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure so I had enough time to power down and get it back running without causing loss of production.

Mark Snodgrass

Mark you are most likely already aware of this but just in case that switch can take up to 7 minutes from startup to passing packets /traffic just something to keep in mind.

As long as your process can do without the switch for that long you will be ok.