Mitsubishi Alpha 2 USB Communications

Zimcocomp

Has anyone had success communicating to a Alpha AL2-24MR-D, PLC using a USB to RS232 adapter? I have tried two different adapter models without success. I don't want to keep wasting money trying different brands. I am changing program control over to a newer notebook (no serial ports) from an older PC which works fine. I have a 9 pin interface connector on the PLC.

Thanks in advance.

Lynn

bump

I managed this with cable my boss gave me, but now I'm trying another cable and I can't make it run.

Anyone has any idea what might be causing this?

Yes, it works fine with one (brand unknown) but with a Brainbox adaptor it does not. I have four different USB to serial adaptors, pending on what equipment I use I have to swop them around. As above mentioned in the previous reply, this depends on the chip set being used.